15 Aug Virtual Connections – Trivia
As we navigate multiple lock downs across the country, we have have had to find new ways to connect, engage and bring joy to our teams from home. Here at Eighty20 Solutions, we are working our way through a number of different avenues. First, it was ONE GREAT THING, where we all shared something that brought us joy on a Teams thread.
This time it was ONLINE TRIVIA! Hosted by two of our very own self-proclaimed comedians with “decades” of Trivia hosting experience!!
To set the scene…. We had four diverse and knowledgeable teams battling it out for the winning position and associated bragging rights.
Playing five rounds of 10 questions –covering everything from Christmas decorations that are a parasitic plant to audio questions that challenged the most musically-trained of ears!
With some great feedback from our staff:
FIVE STARS - “Words cannot express how much this changed me”
FIVE STARS - “Perfection in a PowerPoint presentation”
ONE STAR - “Found a dead cockroach in my gin and tonic”
Want to give it a go?
Prerequisite – Need access to Microsoft Forms
- Pick a host – designate one person in your group to play the host, and every week you can switch up who the host is.
- Choose your theme and list of questions. Or keep it general – it’s up to you. Here are some ideas: general, food, drink, entertainment, sports, kid-friendly, geography, animal, science, and funny. Google has a wide range of options.
- Send information to participants.
- Trivia time!
- Award the winners.
To help you get started we have developed a Microsoft Forms template!
- Click on the link
- Duplicate template
- Add or change any questions you would like
- Keep score using the ‘Response’ tab
Rule of engagement
- Have Fun!
- No Google or phone a friend
- Cheating is not allowed – however bonus points may be given for “creative interactions” with other players
- Sharing answers will have points deducted….
- Have fun!